By A. Mantovani, F. Maranghi (auth.), P. Nicolopoulou-Stamati, L. Hens, C.V. Howard (eds.)
In contemporary years, expanding recognition and assets were delivered to endure at the courting among the surroundings and congenital illnesses. those illnesses have been formerly regarded as often as a result of genetic reasons. even if the significance of genes as components in causation is accredited, environmental components appear to be implicated simply as strongly. This e-book explores a few extra innovations that experience arisen from newer perceptions of environmental results and their attainable interactions with residing platforms. dialogue and presentation of previous and novel principles is concentrated at constructing a extra holistic and united belief of the interplay among congenital illnesses and the environment.
Amongst the themes mentioned are:
-effects of prenatal publicity to poisonous chemicals
-intra-uterine publicity to medicines
-effects of endocrine disrupters
-environmental probability and intercourse ratio in newborns
-surveillance of environmental impact
-research and policy
This ebook might be of curiosity to researchers in environmental technology and/or human ecology, wellbeing and fitness pros, NGOs, and the overall public.
Read or Download Congenital Diseases and the Environment PDF
Similar diseases books
On the subject of we all know a person who has or has had Alzheimer's sickness (AD). Alzheimer's sickness and reminiscence medications covers the heritage of advert, the indicators that distinguish it from basic reminiscence loss, prognosis, and therapy of the affliction. information of the present drugs to be had are supplied, through strength destiny remedies.
What's diabetes? Diabetes is a significant, yet reversable illness. it might probably bring about many illnesses, yet you want to have the information of diabetes administration to show this round and dwell a typical existence back. There are pink sizzling counsel during this e-book that may aid your diabetes keep an eye on and support opposite your diabetes too!
Taking a multidisciplinary strategy, this publication studies the administration of head and neck cancers, from preliminary diagnostic strategies via staging, surgical procedure, radiation, and chemotherapy to aftercare and rehabilitation. The content material is geared up in 4 sections. the 1st introduces the multidisciplinary nature of handling this very different workforce of ailments and their therapy.
This ebook, which describes intimately the most typical approaches hired in inguinal hernia surgical procedure, is outstanding in reflecting absolutely the latest advances, in addition to the main validated ideas, in wisdom and perform. The function of lately constructed and rising applied sciences, together with robotics, minimally invasive surgical procedure, and organic meshes, is obviously defined, highlighting beneficial guidance and tips.
- Zombie Curse: A Doctor's 25-year Journey into the Heart of the AIDS Epidemic in Haiti
- Extended Abstracts Spring 2013: Complex Systems; Control of Infectious Diseases (Trends in Mathematics)
- Hemp diseases and pests : management and biological control : an advanced treatise
- Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today
- Ischemic Stroke: An Atlas of Investigation and Treatment (Atlases of Investigation and Management)
- SICK!: Diseases and Disorders, Injuries and Infections - Volume 2
Additional resources for Congenital Diseases and the Environment
3. Environmental impact on congenital diseases: the case of cryptorchidism The prevalence of certain congenital diseases such as cryptorchidism is increasing in different industrialised countries. There does not seem to be any specific reason or cause to explain this: but the recent trends in male reproductive issues, such as decreasing fertility (Skakkebaek, 2003), indicate that there might be a correlation between these and congenital abnormalities such as TSD, hypospadias, cryptorchidism, and many others.
20, 5-20. Virtanen, H. , Main, K. , Skakkebaek, N. E. and Toppari, J. (2005) Testicular dysgenesis syndrome and the development and occurrence of male reproductive disorders, Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 207, 501-505. Vorhees, C. , Weisenburger, W. P. and Minck, D. R. (2001) Neurobehavioral teratogenic effects of thalidomide in rats, Neurotoxicol. Teratol. 23, 255-264. H. and Weisglas-Kuprus N. (2002) Effects of perinatal exposure to pcbs and dioxins on play behavior in dutch children at school age, Environ.
Skakkebaek, N. E. and Main, K. M. (2005) Hypospadias in a cohort of 1072 Danish newborn boys: prevalence and relationship to placental weight, anthropometrical measurements at birth, and reproductive hormone levels at three months of age, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 90, 4041-4046. Boisen, K. , Main, K. , Virtanen, H. , Haavisto, A. , Schmidt, I. , Damgaard, I. , Skakkebaek, N. E. and Toppari, J. (2004) Difference in prevalence of congenital cryptorchidism in infants between two Nordic countries, Lancet 363, 1264-1269.