By Dan Renfroe, Mitesh Desai
Installation and Administration
- Understand BlackBerry firm Server architecture
- Install and configure a BlackBerry firm Server
- Implement administrative guidelines for BlackBerry devices
- Secure and plan for catastrophe restoration of your server
This publication describes the deploy, configuration, and management of BlackBerry company Server for Microsoft alternate, with heritage details at the BlackBerry structure, safety, and catastrophe restoration making plans. Written by means of cellular and instant expertise specialists, this publication presents an easy method of developing your first BlackBerry firm Server, provisioning clients and units, and imposing administrative techniques.
BlackBerry firm Server is a platform that extends company messaging and collaboration companies to BlackBerry units, helps administration and management of these units, and in addition helps deployment of third-party functions at the BlackBerry gadget platform. BlackBerry company Server helps numerous messaging structures, together with Microsoft trade, IBM Lotus Domino, and Novell GroupWise.
This publication makes a speciality of BlackBerry firm Server for Microsoft alternate, offering particular info on making plans and imposing a BlackBerry firm Server deployment. the fundamentals of putting in BlackBerry company Server are conventional for many directors, however the server is infinitely configurable and comprises prolonged management positive factors. This ebook comprises heritage info on those positive aspects that can assist you get the main from your setting, deciding on up the place the manufacturer's documentation leaves off. when you are new to BlackBerry company Server, this can be the best advisor to assist together with your making plans and deployment.
What you are going to research from this e-book?
This publication provide you with the next wisdom and talents:
- Understanding of the BlackBerry company Server architecture
- Instruction on getting ready for and fitting BlackBerry company Server
- Details on provisioning clients, consumer teams and devices
- An review of the IT rules that may be enforced for clients and devices
- Directions on configuring BlackBerry equipment software program updates and third-party software deployments
- Background info on protection and catastrophe making plans for BlackBerry firm Server
The publication combines a transparent genuine details with easy-to-use step by step directions. There are chapters with historical past info at the structure and lines of the BlackBerry firm Server, and chapters with particular deploy and configuration directions. This mixed strategy supplies the data to make the easiest implementation judgements on your surroundings.
Who this booklet is written for?
This publication is written for IT execs and community directors who have to enforce a BlackBerry company Server. The textual content assumes easy familiarity with Microsoft home windows Server management, yet presents specific directions for directors with various degrees of experience.
Read or Download BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft¿ Exchange: Installation and Administration PDF
Similar protocols & apis books
Citrix-authorized consultant explains tips to construct a powerful, trustworthy, and scalable thin-client computing setting and set up home windows 2000/Windows 2003 Server and MetaFrame. you will additionally discover ways to centralize software administration, lessen software program at the computing device, and dispose of terminal emulation.
Controller-Based instant LAN basics An end-to-end reference consultant to layout, installation, deal with, and safe 802. eleven instant networks Jeff SmithJake WoodhamsRobert Marg As stressed networks are more and more changed with 802. 11n instant connections, company clients are transferring to centralized, next-generation architectures outfitted round instant LAN Controllers (WLC).
This identify covers the main typical components of net and Intranet expertise and their improvement. It info the most recent advancements in study and covers new issues corresponding to IP6, MPLS, and IS-IS routing, in addition to explaining the functionality of standardization committees equivalent to IETF, IEEE, and UIT.
- Wireless Sensor Networks: From Theory to Applications
- Wireless All In One For Dummies
- Virtual Private Networking: A Construction, Operation and Utilization Guide
- Home Area Networks and IPTV
Additional info for BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft¿ Exchange: Installation and Administration
23 ] Preparing For the BES Installation 11. Click Next to continue mailbox creation. 12. Modify the mailbox settings as desired and click Next. [ 24 ] Chapter 3 13. Click New to confirm the creation of the new mailbox. 14. Click Finish after the mailbox has been successfully created. [ 25 ] Preparing For the BES Installation Assigning Microsoft Exchange Permissions to the Service Account The service account must be granted specific Microsoft Exchange permissions in order to function, including the ability to send messages on behalf of the users in your Microsoft Exchange organization.
10. Select the username of the service account and click OK. [ 23 ] Preparing For the BES Installation 11. Click Next to continue mailbox creation. 12. Modify the mailbox settings as desired and click Next. [ 24 ] Chapter 3 13. Click New to confirm the creation of the new mailbox. 14. Click Finish after the mailbox has been successfully created. [ 25 ] Preparing For the BES Installation Assigning Microsoft Exchange Permissions to the Service Account The service account must be granted specific Microsoft Exchange permissions in order to function, including the ability to send messages on behalf of the users in your Microsoft Exchange organization.
2. Expand the Local Policies folder and select the User Rights Assignment folder. [ 30 ] Chapter 3 3. Right-click Log on as a service and select Properties. 4. Click the Add User or Group button. 5. Enter the name of the service account in the Enter the object names to select: field and click OK. [ 31 ] Preparing For the BES Installation 6. Click OK to close the Logon as a service Properties window. 7. Right-click Allow log on locally and select Properties. 8. Click the Add User or Group button.